Regional Campus Library Student Fee
100% of the library student fee for regional campus students will go toward funding electronic resources. Place your vote during this year's final election for continued access to the most current and reliable services USU's Library provides.
How much will students pay for the proposed library fee?
It depends on the credits a Regional Campus student is enrolled in each semester. To give an example, at 1 enrolled credit, a student will pay $18.21/semester whereas a student enrolled in 12-18 credits will pay $27.67/semester.
How has the library supported Regional Campus students in the past?
The library is committed to providing academic resources to all students regardless of their physical location. Enabling access to educational resources is a priority and providing access accrues additional costs including multi-site licensing fees, access fees, and increases to the library's base fees due to the enhancements that electronic resources provide.
In fiscal year 2015, the Library spent 60% of the book budget on ebooks and 96% of the journals budget on online journals (e-journals). Regional Campus expenditures for the library in fiscal year 2015 surpassed $220,000. In the past, access to the library for Regional Campus students has not been funded through student fees. If not funded now by student fee support, services are expected to be impacted due to budget constraints.
What current resources will the fee support?
Continued access to:
- 1,000,000 physical books (with free shipping mailed directly to the student both ways)
- Over 610,000 e-books
- 67,000 e-magazines
- A huge collection of e-journals
- Large collection of peer-reviewed/scholarly articles (typically $30 each if purchased individually)
- Support and services from reference librarians via phone, email, and live chat
What new resources will the student library fee support?
- New additions to the E-book collection
- New e-journal subscriptions
- Additional support for purchase of streaming video
- Reference collection sets
- Journal back files (older issues in electronic format)
- Additional e-resources as technology advances
What won't the Regional Campus Library fee pay for?
- The library building in Logan (Merrill-Cazier Library)
- Additional physical resources in Logan (desks, computers, etc.)
See the proposal
Download the proposal to see all the details about the fee.
Still have questions?
Don't hesitate to contact our Regional Campus Librarian, Erin Davis. You can email her at email@example.com or call her at 435-797-2075.
When & Where
can you vote?
Online voting will be open on February 24 at 7 am and close February 25 at 3pm. Visit vote.usu.edu during this window to cast your vote on this change.
If you have more questions, please contact Erin davis, your Regional Campus librarian. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 435-797-2075.